Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Shipwrecked - In Progress



This is my newest picture that I'm working on, inspired by some stock photography by AilinStock on deviantArt. They've given me permission to do an illustration based on one of their sailor/pirate themed photos, so a big thank you to them! And you know me, I love piratey stories and pictures. Howard Pyle is definitely also an influence here.

Anyhow, this image is measuring about 20"x24" in Photoshop but will probably end up being wider than that. I drew it in brown pencil on watercolor paper, painted over it with watered down ink, scanned it into the computer, and now I've started doing to the digital painting with my tablet and Photoshop. As you can see, I only have the very basic colors painted in at the moment, but it gives you an idea of the atmosphere that I'm going for.

In other news, this sketch blog now has a syndicated feed on LiveJournal, so if you're on LJ feel free to add this sketch blog to your friends list to stay updated. :)

No comments: