Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Frog Prince - New Image & Prints



First impressions are very important. ;)

I've invested more time in this picture than probably any other picture that I've ever worked on. I really wanted to push my digital painting skills this time, and I'm really happy with the way this picture turned out.

It's based on the fairy tale The Frog Prince. I wanted it to look like a traditional fairy tale picture, but with a bit of humor in it as well. I took my own reference photos for the princess - I actually dressed up and set the timer on my camera and posed, since no one else was around at the moment I got the idea for this picture. I painted it all in Photoshop with my tablet. It took countless hours to get this picture to a point where I was happy with it, but it was all worth it. ;)

Prints of this picture are now available!

Wallpaper sized versions are also available for download via my DA gallery. The sizes are as follows:
- 1024x768 (can be sized down for 800x600)
- 1280x1024

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just, wow. It's gorgeous. I love the expression on the Princess' face, that bit of "wtf?" mixed with "I think that's an amphibian on my head".