Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vintage Arrows


Let's kick off August with some new artwork!  This morning I found myself browsing Etsy while finishing my coffee and stumbled across these vintage arrows that were being featured on the front page.  I've looked at vintage arrows many times before in antique shops and in photos, finding myself drawn to the colors and patterns.  I've often thought how cool it would be to have a bunch of them to put in a vase to use as a centerpiece or a mantel decoration.  I especially like the variety of stripes, and the fact that they're vintage gives them some nice character.  Those scratches and tiny paint chips are a good thing. 

As I was looking at the photos in the Etsy shop's page, I soon found myself thinking that I should make some artwork based on vintage arrows.  A little while later, some work in Illustrator, and here we are!

I have also made this design available in my Society6 shop. Don't forget to check out the new tank top options!  




No comments: