Sunday, March 29, 2015

Save The Gay Head Lighthouse


A while back, I donated the use of my "Ocean View of Aquinnah" watercolor painting to the Save The Gay Head Lighthouse campaign.

The historic lighthouse, located in the town of Aquinnah on the island of Martha's Vineyard, is in danger of falling in to the ocean due to the erosion of the clay cliffs. People have been working hard to raise money to move the entire lighthouse to a safer location near the cliffs in Aquinnah. Thanks to the efforts of many, the project continues to move forward!

They have been selling my watercolor painting on mugs as part of their fundraising efforts, and the mugs are now available in their online shop. I receive no money from this, I have freely donated the use of my painting to the lighthouse preservation campaign.

You, too, can help support the campaign by purchasing a mug or making a donation! You can read more about the campaign at their website, and the mugs are available in their Lighthouse Gear shop.



1 comment:

Joan said...

Beautiful painting.
Also beautiful gesture to the campaign to save the lighthouse. :)