Monday, May 26, 2014

The White Whale


It was so nice to have a quiet afternoon yesterday and to get a chance to play with my watercolor paints.  The school year is winding down, which brings with it a whirlwind of events.  The next few weeks are going to have all sorts of things going on for my classroom at school - final projects, preparing for the first annual Night Of The Arts student art show, cleaning the room, etc. - so I'm glad I had a chance to get this image out of my head and down on paper yesterday.

The whole thing was done mostly with watercolor paint and masking fluid (you can see me peeling up the masking fluid in the photo below).  I added some extra texture at the very end in Photoshop.  


This painting is currently available for sale right here through my shop.  It looks particularly good on things like the area rugs and the shower curtains.  

Also, Society6 is having a little "beginning of the summer" sale, so until the end of today, 5/26, you can get $5 off all t-shirts, v-necks, and tank tops!  There is also free worldwide shipping on orders as part of the sale (excluding framed prints, stretched canvases, rugs, and throw pillows with inserts).

The sale ends tonight, 5/26, at Midnight PDT.



No comments: