Saturday, June 22, 2013

Golden Honeycomb

I love painting on a Saturday.  It's such a nice way to start the weekend.  After having some coffee and a tasty breakfast, I sat down and put this together.  The completed painting measures 9" x 12".  Planning out the pattern with masking fluid took the most time in the whole process.  Once that part was done, the actual painting of it went very quickly.


And let's be honest, sometimes peeling off the masking fluid once you're done painting and everything is dry is sometimes the best part.  It's almost like magic, seeing those crisp white spots of the paper appear as you peel off the latex.  


Golden Honeycomb is now available in my Society6 shop.  I love how it looks on the throw pillows and iPhone cases!  I'm thinking of re-coloring this painting as well to make a few different color options available.  Is there a particular color that you would like to see this in?  Let me know in the comments!



No comments: