Friday, July 3, 2009
I've continued experimenting with monoprinting. I received a suggestion to soak the paper in water before trying the print transfer, so I tried that for this print. It definitely helped in that a lot of the detail and the darkness of the ink and paint transferred much better. The paper started sticking to the glass a bit too much, causing some of the paper to pull apart a little bit when I pulled the print up, but I think that's just because it wasn't a heavy enough paper to hold together once it was soaked in the water (it became a little too pulpy in some patches). I still haven't gotten the hang of painting/drawing on glass yet, but I'm getting a better handle on the whole process.