Sunday, June 22, 2008

Island Summer

Yesterday I made the annual summer trek out to Martha's Vineyard. I'll be here until August 12th, teaching art classes for children at a local art gallery. This will be my fourth summer teaching at the art gallery, and here is what I have planned for the classes this year. I'm strongly encouraged by my grad school program to do some teaching this summer, and since I was going to be teaching these classes anyhow it works out nicely.

I'll be posting art whenever I can this summer. I always carry a sketchbook around the island with me, and I try to draw during my lunch breaks or whenever else. I'm hoping to finish up some bigger pieces I've been working on, as well as possibly make some more Lost character portraits this summer. I might be sharing some stuff from the classes I'm teaching as well.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this silly little doodle. My mom had left a note on the kitchen counter about family dinner plans at a local seafood restaurant, and since there was no morning newspaper lying around I felt the need to embellish her note while I was drinking my morning coffee. I think the correct inner monologue for the biggest fish would be, "Nom nom nom!"

No comments: